The Suburban Counties Soccer League is a RECREATIONAL League as defined by the Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer Association, EPYSA, and the United States Soccer Federation. We are NOT a Travel League. All players are assumed to be intramural in their skill levels and should NOT have been issued any Player ID passes normally issued by Travel Leagues for the current soccer year, which starts on August 1st and runs to the following July 31st. We do NOT record scores after a game nor do we publish standings. We ARE a co-ed league and we have detailed rules for making sure that there are female players on all rosters and on the playing field in each SCSL Game. We use a Licensed Referee Assignor, as required by EPYSA, and all Referees are licensed as well. The Referees are to be treated with respect at all times.
We do NOT allow the “running up” of any score during a Game. A three-goal margin is considered the maximum allowed before coaches with the lead are asked to take steps to avoid further scoring. The SCSL is proud of its long history of good sportsmanship and quality recreation play. All coaches and players are expected to line up and shake hands at the end of each Game.
Therefore, we ask each Player to read and take this Player’s Pledge:
- I accept the intent of the SCSL and will do my best to play within the SCSL Rules and spirit of Recreation play.
- I will respect my teammates, my opponents, the Referee, all the Coaches and all spectators and NOT engage in any verbal or physical abuse of anyone.
- I will NOT run up the score on my opponents and will endeavor to limit the goal differential to three goals or less in any game in which I participate.
- I have fully informed my coach and my club of all of my soccer activities beyond the specific SCSL team that I am joining. This includes:
- I verify that I am NOT a member of any Travel League
- I have informed my coach and my club which school teams I belong to and whether I am a starting Varsity player (acceptable for SCSL play but in a controlled manner or role)
- I have informed my coach and my club of ANY other soccer teams which include me on their roster
- I will NOT Play for two SCSL teams on a regular basis and only occasionally and on a rotating basis with all other teammates when necessary